As Backstage previously reported, RTL Group’s Corporate Centre is now based in Cologne and Luxembourg – in the chart below, the two locations are shown in dark and light grey.
Over the past months the Corporate Centre has seen various changes in its executive management and their teams:
- Internal Audit: Nathalie Moutin-Luyat will join RTL Group as SVP Internal Audit on 1 August 2020 in Cologne. She joins from Fremantle in London, where she previously worked as Financial Compliance and Process Transformation Manager. In her new position she will report to CEO Thomas Rabe, succeeding Ursula Schmidt (previously EVP Internal Audit & Compliance) who has decided to leave the company.
- Compliance: Following Ursula Schmidt’s decision to leave RTL Group, Olaf Christiansen joined RTL Group on 1 June 2020 as SVP Compliance. He has taken over this position in addition to his current role as SVP Integrity & Compliance at Bertelsmann and will report to CFO Björn Bauer. Olaf Christiansen has been with Bertelsmann for 18 years in various positions at the Corporate Legal Department and will now divide his work time between Cologne and Gütersloh.
- Investor Relations: Following the decision of Andrew Buckhurst (previously SVP Investor Relations) to leave RTL Group, Irina Mettner-Isfort has become the key contact person for Investor Relations, with effect from 1 July 2020. In her new position as Senior Director Media & Investor Relations, she will continue to be part of the Communications department and report to Oliver Fahlbusch in his new capacity as EVP Communications & Investor Relations. Oliver will continue to report to COO and Deputy CEO Elmar Heggen with regards to his communications and marketing responsibilities and will report to CFO Björn Bauer in his new Investor Relations role.
Nathalie Moutin Luyat, Olaf Christiansen, Irina Mettner-Isfort
- Controlling & Investments: Three new members strengthen the team of Mathis Wolter, SVP Controlling & Investments. On 16 March 2020, Richard White joined RTL Group as Director Controlling & Investments. In this role, he is the department’s key contact person for Fremantle. Richard has gained relevant professional experience as an Audit Manager at EY and as a Financial Controller at the asset management firm M&G Investments in London and Luxembourg.
On 1 June 2020, Jean Loiseau rejoined RTL Group as Director Controlling & Investments. In this role, he is the department’s key contact person for Groupe M6 and RTL Belgium. Jean has gained relevant experience at RTL, recently at Smartclip in Hamburg and, prior to that, as Senior M&A Analyst at RTL Group in Luxembourg.
On 1 August 2020, Dong Jin Cho will join RTL Group as Associate Controlling & Investments, serving as the department’s key contact person for RTL Nederland, RTL Hungary, RTL Croatia, the Group’s digital video networks and Atresmedia. From 2015 to 2018, Dong Jin Cho worked for PwC in New York City and Toronto. Most recently, he graduated from the University of Cologne as Master of Science in CEMS International Management.
Eric Ambrosi, Senior Controller & Manager Cost Accounting, continues to work out of Luxembourg as key contact person for the Corporate Centre and the Group’s Luxembourg activities.
- Reporting & Budgeting: Following the decision of Daniel Felgueiras da Cunha (previously VP Group Reporting & Budgeting) to leave RTL Group in the context of the Corporate Centre Social Plan, the Reporting & Budgeting function will be integrated in the Controlling & Investments department, led by Mathis Wolter, SVP Controlling & Investments.
Richard White, Jean Loiseau, Dong Jin Cho
- Communications & Marketing: On 1 July 2020, Jessica Westin joined the Communications & Marketing team as Senior Communications Manager. In her new role, she will focus particularly on internal communications, creating content for the Group’s intranet, Backstage, and developing ideas for new editorial formats. Jessica Westin joins RTL Group from United Screens in Stockholm, Sweden, where she previously worked as Director Communications for more than six years.
- Business Development: After completing the Bertelsmann Entrepreneurs Programme (BEP), Cristina David joined the Business Development team on 1 May 2020 as Data & Tech Executive. Cristina focuses on cross-business unit projects related to data and technology. In this role, she liaises between the Group’s Corporate Centre, the Group’s business units and Bertelsmann’s Tech & Data Advisory Board. Cristina has taken over these responsibilities in addition to her role as Vice President Business Intelligence at Divimove in Berlin.
Jessica Westin, Cristina David
Daniel Felgueiras da Cunha, Ursula Schmidt and Andrew Buckhurst
Joint statement of RTL Group’s Executive Committee: “We would like to welcome Nathalie Moutin-Luyat, Olaf Christiansen, Jessica Westin, Cristina David, Jean Loiseau, Richard White and Dong Jin Cho to RTL Group and congratulate Irina Mettner-Isfort to her new position. We also would like to thank Ursula Schmidt for having successfully built-up and led the Group’s Audit & Compliance department. Over the past 20 years, she has contributed significantly to the success of RTL Group and especially to the development of the compliance organisation. We are equally grateful for the long collaboration with Andrew Buckhurst. He joined RTL Group in 2000 and has fulfilled various roles over the past 20 years with great success. In particular, his contribution was crucial during the re-IPO of RTL Group in 2013. Another thank you goes to Daniel Felgueiras da Cunha, who has contributed successfully to the Group’s Controlling and Reporting functions over the past 16 years. We are looking forward to a close and fruitful working relationship with the various teams and wish our colleagues success in their new roles.”
The following colleagues primarily work from the Corporate Centre in Cologne:
- Thomas Rabe, CEO
- Elmar Heggen, COO and Deputy CEO
- Björn Bauer, CFO
- Isabelle Barth, Personal Assistant to the Executive Committee
- Nathalie Moutin-Luyat, SVP Internal Audit
- Olaf Christiansen, SVP Compliance
- Jens Hickmann, Divisional Information Security Officer
- Andreas Fischer, EVP Business Development
- Stefan Kramer, Strategy & Business Development Executive
- Cristina David, Data & Tech Executive
- Max Willaschek, Bertelsmann Entrepreneurs Programme
- Oliver Fahlbusch, EVP Communications & Investor Relations
- Irina Mettner-Isfort, Senior Director Media & Investor Relations
- Isabell Ostermann, Senior Communications & Marketing Manager
- Jessica Westin, Senior Communications Manager
- Adrienne Nelissen, Senior Communications Officer
- Rebecca Haase, Bachelor Student from Bertelsmann, working in the Communications team
- Francesco Costadura, EVP Human Resources
- Jan Westphal, VP Human Resources, Global Projects & Talent Management
- Stephanie Buntru, Senior HR Contract Manager
- Ioana Niculescu, Senior HR Manager Talent Development
- Siska Ghesquiere, General Counsel and Head of M&A
- Christian Hauptmann, Deputy General Counsel
- Frank Ludwig, Senior Corporate Counsel
- Mathis Wolter, SVP Controlling & Investments
- Jean Loiseau, Director Controlling & Investments
- Richard White, Director Controlling & Investments
- Dong Jin Cho, Associate Controlling & Investments
- Lukas Karthaus, Senior Associate Corporate Controlling & Strategy at Bertelsmann (Bertelsmann Exchange Initiative)