- All RTL Group Business Units can apply (broadcast, content, digital)
- All proposals must be submitted by Friday 14 December 2018
- The Selection Committee consists of top RTL’s top executives
- The Selection Committee will convene shortly after the application period and will decide which proposals will be funded and the specific level and structure of the funding
- There may be further rounds of applications and funding if the pledged amount is not fully allocated in this first round
- The selection criteria are described in the section 'What are we looking for'
- The Selection Committee will also consider the level of commitment and participation of the proposing Business Unit. Funding on top of the mandatory contribution (i.e. the BU also covering part of the external expenses such as talent, production, travel etc) or securing external sponsorship or commercial clients for the project will be considered favourably.
- RTL Group will cover out-of-pocket expenses for the project, but not expenses for internal resources or for IP licencing (e.g. when extending an existing format) or any other type of prior work carried out and already paid for (e.g. a 3D model that was already acquired for a different project in the past)
- Inception will provide consulting, cover the internal development costs, and offer prior IP, technology and platforms free-of-cost
- The BU contribution includes internal resources (e.g. staff time) and prior IP and resources already in the possession of the company (mandatory BU contribution)
- The details of the funding structure of the selected projects will be agreed between RTL Group, Inception and the applying Business Unit
The application process is simple; you will be guided by the RTL Group Corporate Centre and Inception throughout. You do not need to create a multi-page business plan, but for a short and concise description of the idea plus a draft budget.
The first step after coming up with a good idea is to discuss it internally and make sure that there is management commitment. The next step is to contact Inception to (a) check whether your idea is feasible and meets the basic criteria for selection, and (b) evaluate the technical and financial aspects of your project. You will then create your proposal together.